If you are like me and have been lusting after the Stuart Weitzman 5050 boot but have been wondering how you could purchase $600 boots without your husband noticing and have no good solutions so you continue to lust from afar, fret no more.
Stuart Weitzman version, $598
Charles by Charles David version, $149
Maj hat tip to Brooke who included this boot in her winter shoe guide. Which, btw, if you haven’t checked out her blog, you absolutely should. She’s the mom two a 2 year old and has one of the most refreshing fashion blogs I’ve seen in a while. It’s fearless and fun and not something you see on every cupcakescashemereglamouraiatlanticpacificwhoelseiscoolnow blog
(alternately titled: stuff I like and other women probably will too)
I know you’ve seen tons of gift guides if you’re an avid blog reader, but here’s another one just for fun. I’ve pulled together some of my favorite items of the season and these would be just about perfect for any woman in your life that is 23 or older. Any of these are sure to delight.
These Love Birds LA clutches are so erm… clutch (see what I did there?). They range in price from $45 to $105 and each is totally unique. If you’re lady needs a spunky accessory that is totally swoon worthy, snatch her up one of these.
My new obsession is Kiehl’s body wash in the orange lychee scent. It feels totally luxurious on your skin and has a really subtle citrus scent that has just the right touch and leaves a lingering scent on your skin. It is really just lovely and at $24, it’s an affordable indulgence that your lady friend will love. It’s obviously available online, but if you’re in the Triangle, there is a Kiehl’s counter at the Belk in Crabtree Mall.
For unique, but affordable jewelry, look no further than Hyla Dewitt. Hyla is a local jewelry designer that I recently discovered and her pieces are SO unique and covetable. They range from $35 up to $220, so there really is something for every budget. But no matter which piece you pick, you’re guaranteed to gift something fabulous. Available here and here online and I believe the Charlotte’s at North Hills carries her stuff in the Triangle area.
If you want to gift a really special piece of jewelry, look no further than Kerry Catherine Jewelry. Unfortunately, you have to visit the brick and mortar shop in North Hills to purchase, but if you’re local consider yourself lucky. Jason has gifted me a few pieces from here over the nine years (!!!) we’ve been together and they remain some of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Kerry Catherine uses precious metals and semi-precious stones to create pieces that are so organic and ethereal. I always get compliments when I wear something from here. Definitely worth checking out if you have the urge to splurge.
And finally, a few items that are always in favor if you need something simple and straightforward:
- Kate Spade earrings. Can’t go wrong here.
- Korres Lip Butter. These are $12 a pop and make a great stocking stuffer.
- Restoration Hardware Luxury Plush Robe. Jason gifted me one of these a few years ago and I still wear it almost every single day.
- A Birchbox subscription. I talk about Birchbox all the time, so I feel like I’m beating a dead horse with this one, but it’s $10/month and you can get a gift subscription for three months up to a year. Birchbox is literally the one single piece of mail I look forward to getting each month. They are mailed on the 10th and I’m obsessive about checking my email from the 10th until I receive it.
- If you’re looking for a gift for someone under 23-ish years old, here’s my tip – head over the Nordstrom BP section and buy whatever they have laid out in the accessory section. It’s guaranteed to be what’s cool and hip with the kids these days.
Happy Holiday Shopping!